Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pink Frosting Cupcake

There are days when I know I have too many stamps ... when a see one set I have barely used but have owned it for more than a year!  Yikes!!  This cupcake bottom belongs to one of those sets.  It is from the Everyday Classics set that Papertrey Ink gave to it's loyal customers last February if you had purchased at least 12 sets.  I qualified, of course.  But I saw the set the other day when I was cleaning out some supplies and realized that I haven't actually used the cupcake (or most of the other images) yet!   Then, while cleaning, I came across a sheet of used stickers belonging to my son.  It was a sheet with various candies and cupcake toppings.  This pink frosting (looked delicious and...) looked like it might fit the top of the cupcake bottom.  When I checked, it did - perfectly!!  I think I haven't used the image much because I think the top looks funny on the stamp!!

The sentiment is from Limitless Labels (another rarely used set).  I also made the pretty polka dot pink scallop edge by stamping polka dots (Polka Dot Basics II - Papertrey Ink) and setting with white embossing powder. Then I cut out 1/2" circles and adhered them to the back of the vanilla panel. 

Sadly my photos look dark because my Photoshop program is not working and my husband is!!  LOL (he's the tech geek in this house!!).  The pinks, vanilla and kraft looks so much softer in real life!!

Thanks for dropping in for a peek today!  Hope you are having a great week!!
Donelda

3 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

This is such a sweet card. Love the pink and brown and the frosting does look delicious. Isn't it sad that we all have so many stamps we haven't used? Great card.

Susan Raihala said...

Too many stamps? I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about....

Adorable card. I agree about that cupcake stamp. Not my favorite, either. You've solved the problem deliciously.

Juanita said...

Love that your stickers fit the tops of your stamps. How perfect to have a fun texture there.