Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Baby Doily Card

Remember those Martha Stewart Doilies I had been making (Here, Here, Here and Here if you missed them), well, they are really addictive!!  There is a whole group on Flickr if you'd like to see called The Embellished Paper Doily Project.  I saw this one by MariePscraps and loved the colors so I decided to use it as inspiration.  Here is my end result! 
I decided to make it into a baby card (the tag says Sweet Baby - Mixed Messages - Papertrey Ink) but I realize you can barely see it).   While it doesn't look like there is much stamping on here, there is more than you might think.  The white swirls on the blue are Fancy Flourishes (Papertrey Ink) with white embossing powder.  Aslo the yellow has yellow polka dots (Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink) done in a slightly darker yellow than the cardstock.  The key to these doilies is all in the details!!
Leave me a comment and let me know if you like the doilies?  and share if you've made one of your own!!!
Donelda

3 comments:

Tee said...

I had to go and see all your past projects and I must say I'm absolutely in love..such fantastic projects..I wish Martha Stewart sold stuff in my country! no one's even heard of her..maybe those who use internet!!

TFS

Juanita said...

I really want to make some of those doilies. You have made wonderful things using them.

Jessica G. said...

Sweet card and the doily adds the perfect bit of lace. I was just admiring my doilies yesterday thinking I needed to use one again soon -- thanks for the inspiration!